When you create a new Android app with innovative features, you are certain that it is going to be quite popular with its users. But as long as you are unable to reach the masses, everyone will not be able to benefit from its functions. Implement these 6 Google Play Store optimization strategies to ensure that you achieve the best results from your app’s presence.
1. Keyword Research
The Google Play store and search engines, both need keywords to identify your app’s purpose. You will have to add appropriate keywords you want to target in all the content relevant to your app. So keyword research is the first step to Google Play Store optimization.
Start by brainstorming the keywords which are most relevant to your app, its functions, and features. Also, do some research on the keywords used by your competition. You should also check app reviews of your competition to find appropriate keywords.
2. Focus on Long-Tail Keywords
You should try to choose keywords that generate the high volume of traffic and have low/medium difficulty. The advantage of targeting such keywords is that they help boost your app’s visibility. There are several tools that can further help you identify the right keywords for Google Play Store optimization. This includes:
- Google Auto Suggest feature
- Google Keyword Planner
You can not only find keywords used by the competition but also explore new keywords.
3. Optimize the Title
The title of your app’s page has an important role in both Google Play Store optimization and in drawing the attention of your target audience. But you have to ensure that it is well created and optimized. The title itself is a crucial meta-data in app store optimization (ASO).
You can create an app title of up to 50 characters. Follow these Google Play Store optimization tips to ensure that it is well optimized:
- The brand name should be short and easy to recall.
- Make sure the most relevant keyword or keywords are used in the app title
- Localize your app title by using a language specific to the targeted market
- The perfect app title will be a combination of brand and keyword.
4. Optimize the App Description
The app description is also an important factor in Google Play Store optimization. It has an impact on both your app’s rankings and conversion rates. The app store’s algorithm will scan the description and rank your app based on the keywords it finds. At the same time, search engines will also rank your app in search engine results pages (SERPs) based on this factor. At the same time, the information you provide in the descriptions is also going to influence the decision of readers who come across your app page.
Google Play allows you to create an app description of up to 4,000 characters. Make sure it is an optimal combination of both keyword optimization and rich information offering. Avoid keyword stuffing and ensure that you define your app’s USP in this space.
It is important to create the description in a well-structured manner. It will be best to include the key highlights and features of the app in the upper part of the description to convenience the users.
Follow these Google Play Store optimization tips to make the most of your app’s description:
- Make the most of the space provided by Google Play Store. A longer description leaves a deeper impact on both the Play store and search engines’ algorithm.
- Describe the best features offered by your app.
- Localize the description based on the markets you want to target.
- Make sure to use mid and long-tail keywords after proper keyword research.
- Use bullet points for clarity and better organization.
- Make sure to mention all the certifications and awards won by your app. These elements add lot of credibility to your app, thus improving conversion rates.
- Create a description that is easy to read. Write in short paragraphs.
- Make sure to include a strong call to action.
You should also connect your social media profiles with your Play store presence.
5. Get More Reviews
One of the most common features between all the top Android apps is that they have a large number of positive reviews. Positive reviews impact both Google Play Store optimization algorithm and conversion rates. When potential users come across an app with a larger percentage of positive reviews, they are highly likely to download the app.
If you are finding it hard to get more reviews, you should reach out to existing users and ask them to leave feedback. There are programs that can allow you to prompt feedbacks after a user has opened your app for a specific number of times. Another method to build a large base of positive reviews is to choose paid strategies.
6. Create Innovative Feature Graphic
The feature graphic is going to make an impression on your target audience when they come across your app. Follow these Google Play Store optimization tips to ensure that it works bet in your favor to improve the conversion rates:
- The logo or text should be centered both vertically and horizontally. This ensures easier visibility.
- Make sure to use large sized fonts
- Avoid placing key text or information close to the borders or on the bottom third area.
- Feature graphic can be used with/without the icon. So, it should refer the app.
- Conduct A/B testing to achieve optimal conversion rates.
You should also take steps to improve the visual appeal of your app. Create screenshots that perfectly define the functions and features of the app while also drawing attention. The Play store also allows you to add videos to explain the features of your Android app.
So follow these Google Play Store optimization strategies to ensure that your app ranks high and has improved conversion rates. It is important to remember that this is the continuous process and involves regular performance tracking and improvement.